August 22, 2017

CNA License Transfer To Washington

A certified nursing assistant’s job is to take vital signs of the patient, answer calls, prepare trays with meals for the patients, make beds, and report health issues to the supervisor. Who is a certified nursing assistant? A certified nursing assistant is a certified healthcare worker by the state where he or she belongs to.

The individual must have training with teaches the basics on how to handle and assist patients. The individual must know how to safely transport patients or elderly people, assist them in their daily activities, communicate with them, perform simple procedures like helping the patient move around, take blood pressure, and handle medical equipments.

This is a very popular job in the United States as many individuals are joining courses that offer training and certification to become a certified nursing assistant. A certified nursing assistant can find work in hospitals, rehabilitation centers, long term care settings, and assisted living facilities.

Supposing you have done your certification from another state and are planning to settle down in Washington and intend making a CNA license transfer to Washington, then you must know how to renew it. If you don’t renew your certification, then your license will be invalid and you may not be able to work in Washington as a nursing assistant.

So, how can you transfer your CNA license to Washington? Though it sounds tough, it is a simple process. Relocating to another state or city can be little tedious when the rules and guidelines don’t match with your job. But that is not the case with certified nursing assistant.

The first step would be that you must submit an application to the nursing board and request them for an endorsement of your license in Washington. When your license is renewed only, you can work in Washington as a certified nursing assistant. You can find information on the website of the Washington State Department of Health.

You can find a nursing assistant certified or endorsement application packet which you will have to download. This can be a time consuming process as the application form consists of 19 pages. You must go through the instructions properly before filling and submitting it.

The application form will consist of several details which you will have to fill. They can be personal, demographic information about you and information about your current certified nursing assistant working history. You need to be very careful while filling the form as you must not fill the area which your program director must fill.

You will have to tick the box marked as Certified Nursing Assistant by Interstate Endorsement and fill all the sections that are applicable for you. Those which are not applicable for you just mark N/A in those sections. It is better not to leave anything blank.

While filling the personal data section, when you say something positive about yourself, you might include an example of it as it would support your answer. Once your application is done, you will have to send it to your current state’s nurse’s registry, which will review it and send it to Washington State. You will have to pay fees of $48 either in the form of a check or money order payable to the Department of Health.

You must send your application form along with the fee to the Department of Health, P.O. Box 1099; Olympia, Washington 98507-1099.


  1. Matt Hoffman says:

    How to renew cna medical license?

Speak Your Mind