There are several CNA employment opportunities available at Arizona. According to the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1987, it is necessary to fulfill the essential requirements of the state, to work legally as a CNA in Arizona. The Arizona State Board of Nursing follows these laws to qualify the applicants pursuing to work at a CNA.
Requirements to work as a CNA in Arizona
• Completion of state – approved training.
• Clear written and skill CNA State Exam.
• Candidates should submit the fingerprint cards. In the absence of the state and federal background examination, licenses/ certificates and temporary permits will not be issued.
Average CNA Salary in Arizona for Certified Nursing Assistant
It is in the range of $17,200 and $30,600.
Generally, the CNA Salary in Arizona per hour is $12.07. The hourly rate of CNA Salary in Arizona increases according to the experience.
Training program criteria in Arizona
It is essential to complete 120 hour Arizona State Board of Nursing approved nursing assistant program in order to take the state exam, to become a CNA in Arizona. There are a few state – approved training programs which may differ in terms of number of hours in classroom and practical training.
Renewing CNA Certification in the State of Arizona
(1) 2-3 months prior to your expiration date, a pre-printed recertification form will be mailed out to the CNA. In case you fail to receive the notice then, you can acquire the renewal form by contacting Arizona Nurse Aide Registry or visiting the State Registry’s website.
(2) Requirements for recertification are:
• You should have completed at least 160 hours of nursing assistant duties within the last 2 years.
• You must have no felony convictions against you.
(3) Documentation of citizenship or nationality for licensure and renewal fee should be enclosed.
(4) Mail completed form with required documents and fees to the address indicated in the form.
How to renew Expired CNA Certification in Arizona?
(1) The Renewal Form and CNA Lapsed/ Expired Certificate Questionnaire should be acquired by contacting the AZ Nurse Aide Registry or by visiting the website of the State Registry.
(2) The requirements for renewing expired certificate are:
You should have completed at least 160 hours of nursing assistant duties within the last 2 years.
You must have no felony convictions against you.
(3) The following documents should be enclosed:
• Documentation of citizenship or nationality for licensure
• Renewal fee
• CNA Lapsed/Expired Certificate Questionnaire Form.
(4) The form should be completed and along with the required documents and fees should be mailed to the address indicated in the form.