If you are thinking of having a career in the nursing field but not wanting to wait for years to be in the profession, you can train to become a certified nurse assistant instead. There are a number of state-accredited CNA schools in Georgia where one can train to become a CNA. The training program usually has a duration of 4 to 8 weeks with a minimum of 125 hours of theoretical and clinical training. However, some programs might be more concentrated or may cover fewer hours per day making the program take longer to finish. But once you have successfully completed the CNA program, it will then allow you to sit for the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) Certification exam, which upon passing can get your name enlisted in the Georgia Nurse Aide Registry.
There are at least 286 certified nursing assistant training programs to be found in the state and finding the right school to attend to will be your first step in entering the CNA profession. Fortunately, the CNA program is found in a number of CNA schools in Georgia. Take for instance the Chattahoochee Technical College found in Marietta Georgia. The college offers CNA training with a course requirement of more than 75 hours of classroom and laboratory training and 30 hours of clinical exercises. A sporting amount of medical knowledge and skills will be learned in the duration of the training. Like all programs, completing it is essential to be eligible for the state exam.
Generally, the CNA training program covers a variety of subjects which include matters on patient rights and privacy, basic nursing skill, communication and interpersonal skills, skills in personal care, mental health, social service and many more. Additionally, the total price for the training offered by CNA schools in Georgia mostly comes to at least $715 and that includes the tuition fee.
So if you are really for a career in the nursing field, being a qualified as a nurse aide is a good and practical choice. And since many CNA schools in Georgia are available, you have many options to choose from and some of which you can find below:
- North Georgia Technical College CNA Training – Blairsville, 434 Meeks Ave., Blairsville, GA 30512, (706) 439-6324
- Washington-Wilkes Comp High School Nursing Assistant Training, 1180 Tignall Road, Washington, GA 30673, (706) 678-2426
- Chestatee High School CNA Training Course – Gainesville, 3005 Sardis Rd., Gainesville, Georgia 30506, (770) 532-1162
- CNA Training Academy – Lafayette, 107 E. Lafayette Sq., Lafayette, GA 30728, (706) 638-7768
- West Georgia Technical College – LaGrange High School, 516 North Greenwood St., LaGrange, GA 30240, (706) 883-1590
- West Georgia Technical College Nurse Aide Training Program – Lagrange, One College Circle, Lagrange, Georgia 30240, (706) 756-4581
- Altamaha Technical College – Jesup, 1777 West Cherry Street, Jesup, GA 31545, (912) 427-5848
- Okefenokee Technical College – Alma Campus, 426 West 12 Street, Alma, Georgia 31510, (912) 632-0951