Are you on your way to being certified as a nursing assistant? Well, if this is your next goal as of the moment, it would be on your best interest if you take CNA programs. These programs are very essential if you want to ensure that you will pass the test the very first time. More than that, you also need it if you want to be more competent in this field. Again, you will be dealing with life and sensitive conditions at that. Therefore, you must do everything in order to serve your patients to the best of your ability.
Another reason why you should get these CNA programs is that you need to know more the specifics of your career. If you are from an entirely different field, going to the medical field is quite risky. Thus, you need to be prepared of it. You need to know more about the basics of attending to the needs of your patients. This includes getting and recording of vital signs. This also includes moving them from one place to another and feeding them on time. You also need to ensure that they take their medicines and that they do not miss out on anything that the doctor has told them.
All these taught in the CNA programs. It runs for about a month or so. Depending on the state where you are, this can go from 90 hours to 150 hours. The entire program is divided into two. The first one is where you will be taught of the concepts as well as the basic skills of being a nursing aide. The other part is the practicum. This is where you will put to action everything that you have learned on the first part. It might just be a month, but it will be very hectic and jam packed.
In regards to the payment for these CNA programs, it will also depend on the school where you have enrolled and to the state where it is. Usually, it ranges from $300-$500. Now, if you are really interested, but you find the pay to be quite expensive, all you need to do is to look for a sponsor. It can be a hospital where you can do the free training or a private institution that will give you 50% or even 100% discount, depending on their assessment of your application. Rest assured, if you have chosen the right program, passing the test won’t be a difficult thing to do.
Below is a list of the schools where you can get the best CNA programs.
- Housatonic Community College Certified Nurse‘s Aide Course – Bridgeport; 900 Lafayette Boulevard, Bridgeport, CT 06604; (203) 332-5057 or (203) 332-5263
- North Adams Vocational Area 18 – Decatur; 625 Stadium Drive, Decatur, Indiana 46733; (260) 724-2145
- Fort Wayne Community Schools Anthis Career Center ; 1200 South Barr Street, Fort Wayne, IN 46802; (260) 467-1010
- Colby County Community College; 1255 South Range Avenue, Colby, KS 67701; (785) 462-3984
- Butler County Community College – El Dorado; 131 North Haverhill Road, El Dorado, Kansas 67042; (316) 320-7375