Let’s tackle some test questions for certified nursing assistant exam. You’ve breezed through your certified nursing assistant training. You’ve gained the pre-requisite knowledge and skills for a position. Now all you have to do is pass the state licensure exam and then you can begin your career as a certified nursing assistant.
The exam is essentially two distinct parts: one is a written examination of multiple choice questions, taken by hand or on a computer. The second part consists of an assessor evaluating you performing a skill set. What are some sample questions? After all, looking over sample questions as a review session crystallizes the necessary information in your brain; thus, making the right answers seemingly jump off the page. Without further adieu, read on for CNA certification style test questions:
1. How long should a certified nursing assistant wait to take a patient’s temperature if the patient has just ingested a cold beverage?
2. What unit of measurement should be used to gauge an amount of a patient’s urine?
3. What maneuver should be performed on a patient with a blocked airway?
4. What are range of motion exercises?
5. If a patient experiences weakness on one side of their body, should you start dressing them on that side?
Hopefully, you answered correctly without scrolling down to reveal the answers. Exam questions typically consist of everyday scenarios that you must analyze and find the best answer to. As with many multiple choice tests, more than one answer may conceivably be correct under certain circumstances, you job is to supply the best answer. If any of the previously mentioned questions were problematic, you should consult your trainer for a more in-depth explanation. On test day relax and feel secure in the knowledge the exams are relatively straight forward and directly related to your future career. Test questions for certified nursing assistants are designed to gauge whether you are ready to provide direct care in a health care setting, not to confuse or trip you up.
1. 10-20 minutes
4. Exercises that move every joint and muscle
5. …the weak side