There are a lot of job opportunities waiting for graduates of BS Nursing degrees today. With the current shortages of trained personnel among various medical facilities in the country, employers have opened a lot of career opportunities for registered nurses and licensed practical nurses. Then again, working in a hospital or long term care facilities are not the only job options for an RN and LPN. Those with active licenses may opt to take CNA instructor course in Minnesota and build a career around training medical professionals.
Given that registered nurses and/or LPNs who gained a passing score from the NCLEX are the only ones who qualify for CNA instructor jobs, it is safe to assume that the fastest way to this kind of career is to take an associate’s degree or diploma in BS Nursing. Unfortunately, many nursing schools today are very selective in terms of admission. Thousands of qualified students are turned down every year. Thus, it is highly advisable for the instructor-candidates to simple start taking CNA training classes and gain years of experience in the field of nursing.
States like Minnesota forgoes the need for the completion CNA instructor course in Minnesota for certification processes, provided that the students have at least two years of employment in the nursing profession or a year of experience in teaching CNAs. Those without prior experiences in the profession, nonetheless, are required to enrol in schools that provide train-the-trainer certification courses.
Completion of the CNA instructor courses in Minnesota serves as a compliance to the federal law. In the training programs, instructor-candidates are trained with the principles of adult learning and other needed skills that cover their efficiency as training providers and administrators. Depending on the school and experience of the candidates, the trainer courses in the state may last from 15 to 25 hours within varying periods. There are currently a lot of jobs waiting for CNA instructors in Minnesota. Inquire from the following employers about their requirement in order for you to get more guidance in choosing among available training programs for CNA instructors:
- Health Service Consultants Training Center, 7104 Ohms Lane, Suite 216, Edina, MN 55439, (952) 224-7055
- Accelerated School of Nursing Assistant, 7046 Brooklyn Blvd., Brooklyn Center, MN 55429
- Ada-Borup School Bridges Medical Services, 209 9th Street West, Ada, Minnesota 56510
- Aicota Health Care Center Nurse Aide Course, 850 2nd Street NW, Aitkin, MN 56431
- Alexandria Technical College, 1601 Jefferson Street, Alexandria, Minnesota 56308
- American Red Cross – Twin Cities Area Chapter, 1201 West River Parkway, Minneapolis, MN 55454
- Anderson’s Nursing Assistant Training, 175 4th Street East, Cokato, MN 55321
- Anoka Technical College C.N.A. Class, 1355 West Hwy 10, Anoka, Minnesota 55303
- Benedictine Living Community, 1907 Klein Street, St. Peter, MN 56082